Best train tables
Kids always need something to keep them entertained. They get bored quickly, and when that happens, they get creative and start doing what they are not supposed to. That is why you, as a parent, need to come up with all kinds of games and buy toys to keep them occupied. One of the best ideas is to buy the best train table. It keeps them occupied for hours, you can play along with them, and everyone is happy. I can guarantee that the table will meet the purpose it was created for.
The benefits of investing in the best train table
You may think that your children already have a lot of toys. That is true for every household that has small children in it. Toys are in high demand, and they are usually all over the place. So why a train table?
- It is fun – children like to play with trains. Especially the ones that can actually run. I have seen children playing with those for hours. They can build an entire town, give every character a job, and that trains would run all day long if possible. There is something about trains that appeals to children. They develop an intense interest in I cannot tell you for sure why that is, but the important thing is that it keeps them occupied, and that is the whole reason you are buying it, right?
- It is versatile – while it is often called a train table, this product is actually incredibly versatile. Your child can use it many ways. For example, you can take the train off the table, leave it empty, and your child can use it for painting, playing with other toys, tea parties, or when they grow a little bit, they can do puzzles. It is a flat surface, after all.
- Your child will improve his or her fine motor skills and dexterity – playing with a train table involves playing with small objects. Your child needs to build or redecorate, so to speak, the train station and the town in which the train runs. That requires fine motor skills and dexterity. A train table will improve those skills.
- Your child can play with his or her imagination – as I said somewhere above, children usually name their characters, the train’s mechanic, the people who ride on the train, and so on. It requires creativity, and a train table is an excellent opportunity to improve that. I have seen children who even made up stories for their characters. I find it interesting, and since a train table is not expensive, it seems like a good investment.
- It enhances the problem-solving skill – a child is usually very interested in how the train works, and to play with a train set, sometimes requires problem-solving How is that? Well, sometimes tracks come undone, or there are obstacles in the way. Your child needs to figure how to solve that issue. Also, even if that comes a little bit later, your child will learn how to organize the trains so that they run smoothly. It may seem a child’s play, which it actually is, but there is more to it than meets the eye.
- Your child can play with his or her favorite cartoon characters – everyone knows Thomas, and I am sure you know all the songs already. Buying Thomas for your child will provide him or her with a hype like you rarely see. After all, it is that happy look on our children’s faces that makes us work hard to provide them with everything they want, isn’t it?
How to choose the best train table?
If you do decide that you want to buy a train table, it is best if you do not buy the first product you see or find. That is because you may end up with something that it is poorly made. That is why you need to follow some criteria that ensure you are purchasing the right thing. With that in mind, here is what you need to consider when you are looking for the best train table.
- Materials used for manufacture – there are a few options out there regarding the material the manufacturer used to build the train table. However, you need to consider a few things. For example, is wood better than plastic, or is it the other way around. As you can imagine, there are pros and cons on each side. Plastic is cheaper and easier to clean, but wood is safer for children, and it looks a whole lot better. As for me, I prefer a wooden train table over the plastic one any day. Cleaning cannot be that hard, right?
- Size – not all train tables are created equal, and you need to choose a size depending on the age of your child. Of course, children under the age of 2 should never play with a train set for obvious reasons, but it is one thing to buy a train table for a 3-year old, and it is another to buy a train table for an 8-year old.
- Versatility – if you are looking for a simple train table, I can assure you that you will find it. The offer on the market is immense. However, if you want, you can go for a multi-purpose train table. That means you can remove the train, the tracks, and all the other accessories, put them aside, and your child can play on it in different ways as well. The table can be used for building blocks, painting, puzzles, and whatever else you can think of. Tea parties are also something you should consider. Small children love those.
- Storage compartment – I think that a train table with storage solutions comes in handy. If you buy a multi-purpose train table, for example, you can store all the accessories in the drawer or cabinet so that you do not lose them.
- Durability – this is your child we are talking about, so chances are that one day you will find him or her on that table. That is why I think the table should be sturdy so that accidents do not occur.
- Design – since it is children we have in mind, the table and the train set needs to be as colorful as possible. The colors make it more exciting and fun, and your child will catch on that. Lucky for you, manufacturers are fully aware of that, and you can find several designs that I am sure you and your child are going to love.
What are the best train tables?
When you go online, you will find a vast variety of products you can choose. That may make you feel confused as to what you should actually buy. Reading train tables reviews online can help since you can see what other people think about a particular product you want, but if you wish to go for certainty, you should choose one of the models below.
KidKraft Waterfall Mountain Train Set and Table
The train table and set from KidKraft is the first product that I thought you would like. It is recommended for children of and over 2 years of age, and it is a beautiful and colorful set that I am sure your little one will love and play with for hours. The table is made of high-quality wood that has T-molded edges to prevent chippings. That is good for your child because he or she will not get splinters, but it is also good for the table’s integrity.
The set from KidKraft contains 120 pieces. There is the train, of course, but your child will also enjoy playing with characters, cars, a plane, a crane, and many others. The table is supposed to depict an entire town, and the tracks are removable. Your child can design his or her own tracks if old enough.
The design is very attractive. All pieces are colorful and fun to play with. The play board is screened with green silk, and there are roads on it, as well as a lake and pathways. The scenery has a mountain and a waterfall, and the train will go through a tunnel in the mountain. It seems like a lot of fun for your child. The package arrives with three red plastic bins for easy storage. When your child no longer is in the mood of playing with the train set, you can remove all the pieces, put them in the bins, and your kid can use the table for something else. I am sure you are going to love it.
Melissa & Doug Deluxe Wooden Multi-Activity Play Table for Trains, Puzzles, etc.
Chances are you have already heard about Melissa & Doug. They are a couple who started the company back in 1988, and they dedicated their resources to creating educational toys for children. They did an impressive job, and their toys are always made of high-quality materials and safe for children. I also like that they manufacture a lot of fo toys made of wood. This Play table is the perfect example of that.
The Melissa & Doug train table is made of sturdy wood, and it represents an ideal playing space for your children. The train set is not included in the package, but you can always buy that separately listening to your child’s preferences. There is enough space for your kid to play with whatever he or she wants. The table is ideal for tea parties, trains sets, puzzles, coloring, building blocks, painting, and other fun games.
The table features a pull-out, jumbo-sized drawer where you can store your child’s toys. You can also store supplies and anything else that you think of. It is pretty accommodating. The table itself is pretty large, with 50 inches in length, 32.5 in width and 16 inches in height. It is ideal for children from 2 to 2 years old.
KidKraft Transportation Station Train Set and Table Toy
I wanted to find another manufacturer because there already is a train table from KidKraft on my list. However, when I saw this product, I could not resists telling you about it. It is an excellent toy for your child, and I can promise you that your kid is going to love it the first time he or she sees it.
The product combines a train table with a 58-piece train set. There are two tracks your child can put together in multiple ways. The first set of tracks have ‘rocks’ underneath for a more attractive aspect. The most common setting is when the tracks go around the entire table. The second set is made of plastic, and they attach to the base of the table.
The set also contains a moving crane that lifts and lowers cargo. There is also an airplane, a helicopter, 3 trains cars, and a bulldozer. The station is elevated, and there are a few characters as well. The design is colorful, and I am sure that your child will love playing with this set for a long time.
I have to admit that it is a tough choice. All three train tables look amazing, and your child will enjoy whichever one of them. However, my personal favorite is the KidKraft Waterfall Mountain Train Set and Table. It has many pieces in the set, it has a very appealing design, and it can be used in multiple ways. I think it is one of the best train tables you can find.
Keeping your children occupied with a train table is an excellent idea. Your kids have their own play space, they can stay entertained with different games, and you can rest assured that they stay quite. Ok, maybe not quite, but at least they have something to do. One of the product above will accomplish that, and no matter which one you end up buying, I am sure that your children and yourself will be satisfied with your choice. Click here to buy on Amazon
- Life, Death and Mountain Rock Train Table
- The Hidden Treasure of Kids Train Set
- The Number One Question You Must Ask for Table Train Set
- Top Train Play Table Reviews!
- The One Thing to Do for Railway times
- What Everybody Dislikes About Train Tables for Toddlers and Why
- What Thomas Table Is – and What it Is Not
- What You Need to Know About Toy Train Table
- The True Meaning of Train Table with Drawers
- Wooden Play Table Secrets
- The Key to Successful Toy Trains for Toddlers
- What You Need to Know About Toddler Train Table
- The Quintessential Guide to Wooden Train Set Table
- Thomas the Train Table Set – Overview
- The Secret of Imaginarium Train Set No One Is Discussing
- New Ideas Into Toy Train Sets Never Before Revealed
- The Biggest Myth About Toddler Train Set Exposed
- The Secret Truth About Small Train Table Revealed
- Reported Buzz on Train Sets for Toddlers Uncovered
- Melissa and Doug Train Table Help!
- Reported Buzz on Train Table with Storage Uncovered
- The Hidden Truth on Thomas Train Set Revealed
- Possible Danger Signs on Kids Train Table You Should Be Aware Of
- What You Don’t Know About Train Set Table Could Be Costing to More Than You Think
- Notes on Train Sets for Kids in an Easy to Follow Manner
- The Do This, Get That Guide On Brio Train Table
- Wooden Train Table Exposed
- Why Almost Everything You’ve Learned About Train Set Is Wrong and What You Should Know
- The Hidden Truth on Wooden Train Set Revealed
- What Everybody Is Saying About Train Table Set
- The Idiot’s Guide to Thomas the Train Table Revealed
- The Argument About Kidkraft Train Table
- Kids, Work and Thomas Train Table
- Imaginarium Train Table Secrets
- Kids, Work and Train Table